Team-building at InterActive, May 2016
Accommõdāre is Latin for adapt
1) adapt, adjust to, fit, suit; 2) apply to, fasten on; 3) apply/devote oneself to
Why ADAPT and why the Latin, Accommõdāre?
Latin is not dead; it’s immortal. Knowing Latin makes learning easier, knowing yourself makes it easier to learn other things. Dr. Andrea will take you into a deeper sense of self and will dare you to adapt!
Why adapt? The brain views change as a threat signifying loss or even death. The worst fears all seem to flood us at once when we perceive change. The choice to adapt much easier, acceptable, and more sustainable.
Accomm-o-dare – dare to adapt
Neuroscience-based communication and leadership consulting and coaching
Dr. Andrea has an astute ability to get clients to think from different perspectives to come to breakthrough moments and develop their own solutions—unique to what has been done before. This is not about her solving their problems, but rather guiding clients to realize their own attainable solutions. Training for knowledge gaps, methods for development, and executive coaching are available to support these solutions.
After working with Dr. Andrea, clients say they never look at people and situations in the same way again. She guides clients through a mindshift through neuroscience-based communication and leadership approaches and behavioral assessments. Beyond assessing behavior and personality characteristics, Dr. Andrea instills individuals with scientifically-based techniques to adjust your interactions with others for improved relationships and productivity.
With every interaction - conscious or not, and message - verbal or non - and intentional or not - you pull others to you or push them away.
The Stats - Change Initiatives & the high cost of mishandling them:
- Over 50% of change programs fail to meet their objectives because only 3 or 10 employees report their manager as effective at dealing openly with resistance to change (Towers Watson)
- Poor communication during change increases misconduct by 42% (Holmes Report, 2011)
- IT Projects often fail because organizations put more emphasis on rational factors than on employees’ psychological engagement, a cost estimate of organizations is 5-15%, or a loss of $50-$150 billion per year in the USA (Gallup Business Journal)
- When employees understand their overall role in the business, 91% will work towards that success but…the number plummets to 23% when they don’t (Quirke, 2009).
Imagine if your team had better external communication? What would be the results? Stronger customer interactions, higher profitability, increased word-of-mouth goodwill? What results could you see from improved external communication and what results would you like to see?
Client success happens through neurological approaches to shift one’s state of mind. Pre-training and pre-development work bring awareness and readiness for behavioral or content change; and creating a cooperative state of mind and expansive thinking.
Dr. Andrea goes beyond defining an issue and providing a tangible solution, she provides a support structure for individuals to succeed, by equipping clients with tools and support for them to create their own solutions, not only for their current challenges, but beyond.
- Ph.D. Leadership, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- MA: Organizational Communication, emphasis on management training and development, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- BA: International Relations, emphasis on Japan and Foreign Affairs, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Glion Institute of Higher Education, Switzerland
- Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI
- John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA
- San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, CA
- George Washington University, Washington, DC
- United States International University-Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya
- Alliant International University, San Diego, CA
- International College of Management, Sydney, Australia
- Washington State University, Pullman, WA
Multinational corporate experience
- Children’s Hospital
- Treetop Inc.
Conversational Intelligence© (Neurology-based approach to communication for impact, relationship enhancement, team building and co-creation)
Appreciation Languages in the Workplace©, (Psychology-approach to building sustainable relationships that go beyond recognition, rewards & employee engagement)