DR. Andrea Luoma
Working with Dr. Andrea immerses you in an international experience from the Western to the Eastern hemisphere, often bringing together 15+ nationalities in the same learning environment that goes beyond content delivery and emphasizes the impact of cross-cultural interpretation.
Dr Andrea has an astute ability to get clients to think from different perspectives to come to breakthrough moments and develop their own solutions—unique to what has been done before. This is not about her solving their problems, but rather guiding clients to realize their own attainable solutions. Knowledge gaps or training and development needs are available to support these solutions.
After working with Dr. Andrea, you will never look at people and situations in the same way again. She guides clients through a mindshift, based in neurological and communication approaches and behavioural assessments. She accompanies you beyond assessing behaviour and personality characteristics with scientifically-based techniques to adjust your interactions with others for improved relationships and productivity.
A part of Dr. Andrea’s success in how she works with clients is through neurological approaches to shift one’s state of mind. Pre-training and pre-development work bring awareness and readiness for behavioural or content change, creating a cooperative state of mind and expansive thinking.
Dr. Andrea goes beyond defining an issue and providing a tangible solution, she provides a support structure for individuals to succeed, by equipping clients with tools and support through solutions and beyond.
Dr. Andrea helps you to alter your climate and culture to create an environment that shows employees they are respected while bringing them into a functional community; even where the opposite may have previously occurred. She presents challenging feedback through a support structure that increases self-confidence and self-assurance, all aimed at achieving measurable progress and growth.
- Ph.D. Leadership, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- Master of Arts: Organisational Communication, focus on management training and development, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts: International Relations, with emphasis on Japan and Foreign Affairs, St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota
- Conversational Intelligence© (Neurology-based approach to conversations for impact, relationship enhancement, team building and co-creation)
- Appreciation Languages in the Workplace©, (Psychology-approach to building sustainable relationships that go beyond recognition, rewards & employee engagement
- Toxic Workplace Prevention & Repair©, (Psychology-based approach to transform workplaces into healthier cultures)
- Certified, Fascinate©, (Marketing-based assessment to leverage persuasive communication and create successful interactions with others)
Event and conference management experience with:
- Washington State University, Conferences and Professional Programs and the School of Hospitality Business Management
- George Washington University, Event Management and Professional Programs
Multinational corporate experience with:
- Children’s Hospital
- Treetop Inc.
Teaching Experience at:
- Glion Institute of Higher Education, Switzerland
- Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI
- John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA
- San Diego Mesa College, San Diego, CA
- George Washington University, Washington, DC
- United States International University-Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya
- Alliant International University, San Diego, CA
- International College of Management, Sydney, Australia
- Washington State University, Pullman, WA